Misconduct Prevention Policy – NinthWonder
NinthWonder Misconduct and Abuse Protocol
NinthWonder prohibits and has zero tolerance on sexual abuse or misconduct at all organization-related activities. NinthWonder reports any such acts of sexual abuse or misconduct to local authorities and will notify event coordinators. Those reasonably suspected or believed to have committed sexual abuse or misconduct will be appropriately disciplined, up to and including termination of membership or volunteer status, as well as criminally prosecuted. No member, volunteer, or other person, regardless of his or her title or position has the authority to commit or allow sexual abuse or misconduct.
Definitions and Examples
The following definitions or examples of sexual abuse, misconduct or harassment, may apply to any and/or all of the following persons – members, volunteers or other third-parties.
Sexual abuse or misconduct may include, but is not limited to:
- Child sexual abuse – any sexual activity, involvement or attempt of sexual contact with a person who is a minor (under 18 years old) where consent is not or cannot be given.
- Sexual activity with another who is legally incompetent or otherwise unable to give consent.
- Physical assaults or violence, such as rape, sexual battery, abuse, molestation or any attempt to commit such acts.
- Unwanted and intentional physical conduct that is sexual in nature, such as touching, pinching, patting, brushing, massaging someone’s neck or shoulders and/or pulling against another’s body or clothes.
- Material such as pornographic or sexually explicit images, posters, calendars or objects.
- Unwelcome and inappropriate sexual activities, advances, comments, innuendoes, bullying, jokes, gestures, electronic communications or messages (e.g. email, text, social media, voicemail), exploitation, exposure, leering, stalking or invasion of sexual privacy.
- A sexually hostile environment characterized as comments or conduct that unreasonably interferes with one’s work performance or ability to do the job or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive environment.
- Direct or implied threats that submission to sexual advances will be a condition of employment or affiliation with the organization.
Immediately report suspected sexual abuse or misconduct by contacting any NinthWonder board member present at an event or contact organization Founder Remi Yusuf at (713) 364-2664 or email email@example.com , or President Terrence Campbell @firstname.lastname@example.org.It is not required to directly confront the person who is the source of the report, question or complaint before notifying any of the individuals listed. NinthWonder will take every reasonable measure to ensure that those named in complaint of misconduct, or are too closely associated with those involved in the complaint, will not be part of the investigative team.
Anti-retaliation and False Allegations
NinthWonder prohibits retaliation made against any member, volunteer, or other person who lodges a good faith complaint of sexual abuse or misconduct or who participates in any related investigation. Making knowingly false or malicious accusations of sexual abuse or misconduct can have serious consequences for those who are wrongly accused. NinthWonder prohibits making false or malicious sexual misconduct allegations, as well as deliberately providing false information during an investigation. Anyone who violates this rule is subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of membership and criminal prosecution.
Investigation and Follow-up
NinthWonder will take all allegations of sexual abuse or misconduct seriously and will promptly, thoroughly and equitably investigate whether misconduct has taken place. The organization may utilize an outside third-party to conduct an investigation of misconduct. NinthWonder will cooperate fully with any investigation conducted by law enforcement or other regulatory/protective services agencies. NinthWonder will make every reasonable effort to keep the matters involved in the allegation as confidential as possible while still allowing for a prompt and thorough investigation.
Reporting to Law Enforcement or Appropriate Child or Adult Protective Services
NinthWonder is committed to following the state and federal legal requirements for reporting allegations or incidents of sexual abuse or misconduct to appropriate law enforcement and child or adult protective services organizations.
Member and Volunteer Screening and Selection
As part of its sexual abuse and misconduct prevention program, NinthWonder is committed to maintaining a screening program for prospective and existing members, volunteers and others that may have interaction with those employed by, associating with or serviced by NinthWonder. The organization may utilize a variety of methods of screening and selection, including but not limited to personal interviews, criminal background checks and personal and professional references.
Supervision of Youth
To provide a safe environment for minors, NinthWonder strives that a minimum of two adult vetted members or volunteers supervise or be in attendance with minors during organization-related activities. The purpose is to avoid one-on-one interactions between adults and minors that are not easily observable by others.